Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our family is back in Idaho after being in Washington for 6 months. I am so thankful to be here. Our life is still a daily walk in faith. There are days when I struggle with the circumstances the Lord has us in and then He gently reminds me it is all part of the work He is doing in me. Too often we fail to see the blessings in less than perfect situations or events. God is always at work. The enemy tries so hard to defeat me and beat me up. Job is an amazing study when you are walking down the less traveled road.Last year I attended at retreat when our youngest was only 3 days old . The speaker is one of the siblings in the book " Ten P"s in a Pod. Her family traveled, homeschooled and evangelized all over. They didn't own their own home and traveled quite frequently sharing the gospel. Anyway I remember wondering how a woman could handle all of that and homeshcool 8 children without her own home. I mentioned it to my husband and he winced at the thought of it. God's word was the highlight of their day 3x's a day.Since the retreat we found out we had to move because the house we were renting was going to be sold. We had lived there 5 months and had a new baby. The Lord gave us the grace to move forward. In February we moved to Washington to be closer to family. This was the most difficult move I have ever made. There were many days I had to go to my closet and just cry and pray for grace each day. I wanted to be content and grow where the Lord had brought us.He is faithful and took care of us and protected our family while we were there. In August we knew we were coming back.Now we live with our oldest and seeking the Lord for His will. I am thankful and with the Lord's grace we wait and pray. My husband has been looking and applying for more work. So far nothing has opened. Last night I finished the book "Evidence Not Seen" a woman's miraculous faith in the jungles of WW2 , Darlene Deibler Rose. In the book the Lord gives her 2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver:in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;. . There were so many great spiritual nuggets of truth in the book but this one spoke to me the greatest because it is exactly what I needed to hear. There are days when I fight falling into the depths of despair and feel alone and defeated. The Lord is so gentle and loving , something I am learning in a whole new way. I told my dad the other day if nothing changes I will be content to serve Him and be used by Him no matter what. Do I want a home to raise our famiy yes, but more than anything I want to be where He has me and I want to grow and mature in my faith. I am so thankful for the hardest of times we've experienced and the fruit it has produced in all of us. God is good all of the time!!!!!

1 comment:

happyhome said...

I'm glad to read about your recent journey and will continue to pray for you. Many (((hugs)))!